My name is Anneline Rouhana. I have a special interest in dyslexia as a Speech and Language Therapist. I’ve worked with dyslexia in Private practice A reading school And a workshop for children with dyslexia run by the Dyslexia Association of Ireland Anneline's first course for CATTS Courses is Dyslexia 101, which you can find here: https://cattscourses.com/courses/dyslexia-101/
This course is a follow on to Dyslexia 101.
You need to have completed this course before proceeding to watch ‘Supporting Dyslexia at home’.
This course will cover four broad areas:
- How can we support the literacy skills of a child with dyslexia at home?
- How can we support homework and study?
- How can we boost the self-esteem of a child with dyslexia?
- How can we foster a home-school bridge?
This course has been formatted into consecutive micro lessons. This is to allow a parent to refer to any portion or heading as needed when you need it.
The individual video lessons cover:
Advocating for themselves
Creating a home school bridge
In Dyslexia 101, we’ll focus on the following four BIG questions:
- What is dyslexia?
- What causes dyslexia?
- How can we spot dyslexia?
- What can we do about dyslexia?
Dyslexia is the most common learning difficulty. It comprises around 80% of all learning difficulties.
Two follow-on video talks will soon be available to support you after viewing Dyslexia 101.
These are called:
- How to support Dyslexia at Home
- How to Support Dyslexia in the Classroom